If you’re looking for creative ways to generate interest in your MLM business, avoid wasting your money paying for leads and jump on the back of the latest hot trend – blogging.
One of the most significant communication trends right now is ‘blogging’. For those that aren’t familiar with a ‘weblog’ or ‘blog’ for short, it is simply an online message board where you can write your thoughts, ideas or opinions on any topic. By its very nature, as a place for like-minded people to share their opinions, a blog is a powerful tool for all entrepreneurs.
This article is designed to give the Network Marketer techniques to improve their networking, and ultimately grow their MLM business.
Remember, you are in the relationship building business, not the ‘sales’ business so any way that you can improve the way you communicate and network will give you a greater chance of building your business. A blog is a powerful communications tool and it is extremely suitable for social and business networks, like MLM. The other great benefit of having your own blog is that it establishes you as an authority in your field and can give you loads of credibility, which is great for Network Marketing.
So you’ve decided that you want to give blogging a go, so the first question you may have is, “how do I get started?”? Lucky for us not-so-tech-savvy entrepreneurs, setting up your own blog is relatively easy and quick. There are a number of online sites that will provide you with all the resources you need to start your own blog. The best part is that it can all be done for free! I have used both http://www.blogger.com and http://www.wordpress.com and comfortably recommend both of them.
Listed below is a quick action plan for establishing your blog and how to market yourself and your business opportunity:
* Sign up for a free blog on one of the above websites. I now use http://www.blogger.com and have found it easy to use. You don’t even need to have your own website.
* Decide on a theme. I recommend something as simple as your journey as a home based business entrepreneur. You can share both your business successes and challenges. Include useful tips and tricks that you have used in your business.
* If you are concerned about what to write about, just start brainstorming ideas with your team and you will find the list of topics are endless.
* Make the information interesting to the reader, and even add humor wherever possible.
* Add some content over a few weeks, including a couple of core articles along with short conversational, journal style entries.
* Send out the links to everyone in your downline and selected people in your upline. With this type of initial audience, you will find blogging a great way to share information and techniques amongst team members.
* Encourage your team to post comments on the blog and provide feedback to you about the content and usefulness of the blog. Make adjustments as required.
* Once you are happy with the character and theme of your blog, submit it to a number of blog directories (simply search on the term “blog directory” and you should find plenty!).
* Become the distributor of the latest news and offerings from your company.
* Use alternate techniques like a video post. Simply record yourself with your computers webcam or digital camera and post away! Alternatively, you can take a video of interest from places like Youtube.com and place them in your blog. This will give your readers a great multimedia experience and reasons to keep visiting your blog.
* Tip: I recommend that you do not try to sell your business opportunity on the blog. Build a relationship first and then you may be able to ask for expressions of interest.
* Tip: You can refer network marketers from other companies to your blog to help them grow their business. When they see how helpful you are, they may even be encouraged to join your organization.
* Consider using Google Adsense on your blog as an easy income source.
* Be seen as the expert on the latest social networking technology (have you tried conference calls with http://www.skype.com yet? Watch out for a future article on this hot, free, communications method).
It’s important to keep up with technology and the latest trends, and blogging is a great way you can really take the lead and get ahead of the game. Being a leader means stepping up and providing a strong community amongst your team through the sharing of information. With a blog, you may find yourself being the entrepreneur that keen prospects want to get to know and be around. You are a leader and people want to be around leaders that provide them a better vision of the future. This will mean great success for you.
Looking at other ways to supercharge your MLM business? I recently gathered together 5 Superstars for a special MLM training seminar. Just follow the links below to find out more.
About the Author
Katrina Harris is a passionate home based entrepreneur who made a commitment to learn the successful traits of the super wealthy. After tapping into the minds of the Superstars of MLM she has made these learnings available for anyone else keen to crack the code of the super successful. More MLM training at http://www.SuperstarsofMLM.com